We plan and customize tour itineraries & solo travel services for women travel, to suit your needs, preferences & budget. Be it any budget, we have something for you.
Our drivers and travel service providers are trained on solo travel India for women travel & are always very punctual and on their toes to make your India travel, a memorable one!
You name it and we have it. Be it any travel service for solo travel/ women travel place, budget or mean of transport you need, we have it and our knowledge on India information is immense!
This column is for the women travelers, travelling alone (solo travel) to India. Even after being influenced largely by the western world, India is still a traditional country and some practices by the women are considered as inappropriate & are unacceptable to the society. We would not say that there is any problem in travelling alone but just have to keep some things in mind to make your travel a more secure & a memorable experience. Here are some tips to be followed as per our expertise in the travel service-
- For solo travel/ women travelers, it is advisable not to wear clothes or dress that exposes your legs or other body parts. It is considered as an invitation to unwanted attention & stares which might make you feel uncomfortable. In big cities like New Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai etc. it is OK to wear the western dresses of your choice, but at small touristic places like Agra, Jaipur etc., towns or villages it is not advisable to wear short skirts, tight pants or blouses which can make you stand out in the crowd and attract glances. A wise choice is to wear clothes which neither define the body shape nor expose the body parts. Our travel service guide/ expert guides the women travelers well in advance about these things.
- Most of the places have separate ladies queues to buy travel service tickets, ladies compartments in trains, New Delhi metro train etc. So preferably use these ladies queues or compartments for travelling. It is safe and avoids any unpleasant hassles or delays etc. and as solo traveler or being a women traveler safety comes first!
- An important tip for women travelers/ solo travelers, is to always have and carry a friendly nature but please avoid getting friendly or personal with people. Especially with people who serve you in hotels, travel service cab drivers, people you meet in buses, restaurants, street etc. It may be viewed as flirtation.
- Simply ignore the stares or weird looks you get from strangers. It is very common as being a foreigner & solo traveler; some people tend to look at your different skin or hair color etc. Don’t get offended by this and simply ignore it as that will make your women traveling much more easier. If it is hard to ignore, instead of an argument, wear a sun glass or use your computer/ reading book, travel service guide etc.
- Very important for Solo travelers/ Women Travelers, don’t accept any free or cheap ride or travel services from unknown person or from a taxi/ rickshaw in which the driver is accompanied by someone. A big NO-NO to sharing tours/ rides etc.
- It’s not a rule but advised all over the world to keep your hotel room locked from inside when in the room and is applicable even when you are not a solo traveler/ women traveler. The travel service guides too advise this even though it sounds bit obvious.
- Avoid keeping the things of your personal use or undergarments lying all over the hotel room. Personal stuff is meant to be personal and it is not advisable for women travelers to flaunt it. That’s a hotel room, travel service tip which applies globally for solo travelers or any traveler.
- It is good to know or learn local culture, but as a women traveler/ solo traveler, avoid invitations from unknown or local people at their house or room for meals, tea or drinks. Please ask your agent to include breakfast & dinner if possible in your travel service plan.
- As solo traveler/ women traveler, always be attentive in noticing the people and their activities around you. we are not saying that everyone is after you or will hurt you but it is good to keep a sense of your environment while travelling to a new place/ country among new people and culture.
- Always avoid people who approach you themselves. Generally touts get attracted towards the women travelers/ solo travelers, seeing them as easy targets. If you have asked for a help or something then it’s different, but if someone approaches you himself/ herself then there must be a reason and it should ring a bell in your mind. These touts offer cheap or free travel services/ rides etc. and then take you to agencies/ shops for commissions etc.
- Apart from the big cities like New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur etc. touching a person of opposite sex in public is very unusual. Even the married couples abstain themselves from a public display of their attachment or love. As women traveler/ solo traveler, please don’t extend your hand for hello unless the other person does so. The best way is to fold hands near chest and say Namaste. This is traditional and looks very decent.
- Even at some beaches in India, you will see Indian ladies fully clothed. It depends on what beach you are visiting. Some beaches like in Bhubneshwar (Ganga Sagar beach) is considered holy and on the other hand on beaches in Goa you will find all foreigner ladies in swim suits. So there you may wear swim suits on the beach but for women travelers, it is inappropriate to walk away from the beach in same attire. Solo traveling is fun and should remain fun and these tips, if included in your travel services, will make it even more fun.
- Avoid isolated places and it is advisable for women travelers/ solo travelers, to avoid going out in dark or very late nights.
- A way to get more respect from Indians is to try the Indian women clothes like a Saree or a Salwar Kameez. It looks ethnic a traditional and the women travelers feel more connected to the Indian culture. It’s purely your own choice and not a compulsion.
- In India a clean and appropriate facilities for women are either few or at a distance, especially when you travel between two cities or though village/ highways etc. So the women travelers should take every chance you get to use the washroom facilities in a restaurant, hotel etc. or else you might later regret that. This information is found everywhere in your travel service guide.
- Women traveler/ solo traveler should always carry some wet tissues, sanitizer & toilet paper with you while travelling. It will be handy.
- And one final tip which is stated by Mei Yin Tao, a Travel service Journalist from Toronto, Canada- Indians are very curious by nature and will ask personal questions. So, don't be offended. I had men ask me things like: "Are you married?", "How much money do you make?" and "Do you sleep with your boyfriend?" They meant no harm. So we also suggest the same as her, to all our women travelers/ solo travelers!
Note:- Special Numerology/ Astrology/ Hypnotherapy/ Past Life Regression Therapy Sessions Arranged in New Delhi/ Agra/ Jaipur/ Online. Cycling/Bike Tours & Personal Yoga Sessions in Delhi:- If you are interested, please feel free to ask your travel service advisor for further details.
Years in Business
We are always at your disposal for travel service/ India or women travel / solo travel information. Email Us, WhatsApp Us or Use Facebook Messenger
Address3, Municipal Market, Plaza Outer Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi, India 110001
info (AT) india tour plan (DOT) com